In keeping with Rotary’s commitment to Polio, the Rotary Club of Meriwether County and Starfish Ministry are serving the people of India affected by Polio and other life altering disabilities
With over 30 years of service in various roles of vocational rehabilitation, Past President,Bob Prater combines the goals of this Rotary mission work is to be able to provide education in rehabilitation services to communities, families, and individuals in need.
This program helps to develop a network of providers that may assist in receiving usable orthopedic equipment including refurbished Polio Braces, wheelchairs, prosthetic parts, and the providing of transportation access for individuals in need.
Bob Prater also offers his expertise in helping to develop various vocational training programs and workshops, along with providing educational materials to assist with child development and the coordination of STEM education between a rehabilitation facility in India and a university in Georgia.
1. Rehabilitation Consultant for Garden Reach Institute for Rehabilitation and Research in Calcutta, India. Mr. Prater assist in obtaining resources both in networking with professionals and bringing the development and knowledge obtained from the USA therapist in by focusing on equipment needed.
2. Coordinator for the STEM Education program between Narayan Seva Santhom Rehabilitation Hospital and Georgia Southern University.
3. Coordinator for the Reginald Memorial Hospital Development Community by offering educational programs for leaders in the vocational rehabilitation program.
4. Coordination for the groups in Nagpur, India to develop a Vocational Rehabilitation Programs for 40 young healing impaired individuals.
5. Provides individual assessments and linkages to resources for differently abled adults.
6. Consults with individuals and companies by matching resources with life altering 3 D Printer technology for prosthetic hands analysis.
You can find the work Rotary Past President Bob Prater does daily on the Meriwether County Rotary Club Facebook Page.